We understand that esports is still extremely new to education, and that as a school or college looking to take part, you may have some questions about the signup, setup and educational value of the Overwatch Digital Schoolhouse Esports Tournament. Below, programme director, Shahneila Saeed, answers your most frequently asked questions.
- 00:01:04 - How do I organise teams?
- 00:01:21 - What are the benefits? What is the educational value?
- 00:01:53 - Won't students get distracted from their work?
- 00:02:24 - How would you propose the tournament to SLT?
- 00:02:45 - Is the game web-based/ can I install on the school network?
- 00:03:09 - Is a web connection required?
- 00:03:17 - Do you need to allow Overwatch access to the network?
- 00:03:33 - What information can I give my Network Manager?
- 00:03:46 - How will I setup Overwatch to work in my school?
- 00:03:55 - How many students can take part?
- 00:04:23 - Can we get a copy of the game?
- 00:04:44 - How does Overwatch work on the C2K network in NI?
- 00:05:06 - How do I keep track of which teams in the tournament?
- 00:05:24 - Will there be a Northern regional qualifier in the UK?
- 00:05:45 - What about age ratings and parental consent?
- 00:06:15 - What ages are the students?
- 00:06:23 - Is there a cost implication after the initial cost for non-DSH members?
All videos, including smaller soundbites of the FAQ's are available on our YouTube Channel.
If you have any further questions that haven't been answered in this FAQ then you may wish to read our Esports: Engaging Education report, or alternatively, please feel free to get in touch and email your question across to us at DSH HQ.