App in a Day: A parent’s guide to computing at home
Following on from last week’s workshop, Cryptography: Secrets, Secrets, Secrets, this week’s workshop in our computing at home teaching series is App in a Day, a workshop that will introduce your children to the process behind prototyping apps.
This workshop is perfect for ages 7 -14 years.
Part 1 of the workshop will introduce some of the steps that developers work through before they begin work on their prototype.
- To begin, students investigate what an app is and then choose a problem they want to create a solution for
- Following this we will then learn about user profiles and investigate current apps on the market
Part 2 of the workshop will teach your child how to take the ideas for their app and create a paper prototype
As part of this we will learn how to:
- Create drawings of different app screens
- List features
- Identify images to be used in the app
- Create a diagram to show how the different app screens connect to each other
I hope your little learners enjoy App in a Day please do get in touch with me at email@example.com if you have any comments or feedback on the workshop and don't forget to check out all our past workshops, here.