Teaching Computing with the iPad
This special event is being organised in partnership with Albion on 19th & 20th October. With a keynote delivered by Apple to kick start the event, it looks like an exciting couple of days are in store.
The Digital Schoolhouse teachers have begun looking into making effective use of the opportunities that the iPad technology brings to teach the new computing curriculum in a range of new and exciting ways. The first apps we are looking into include Hakitzu, Sims Build It, Game Press, Plants Vs Zombies and many more. What will we be doing with these apps in the classroom? Well, watch this space for more updates; but in the meantime register for our free training course designed to inspire you to develop your own fun filled learning activities.
Day 1: 19th October
- Keynote by Apple
- Technical support and iPad deployment
- STEM Challenges with Parrot Drones
- Introduction to programming: algorithms, recording, debugging, assessment
Day 2: 20th October
- Creating simple games with Hopscotch and HyperPad
- Design & develop an app to promote your game
- Create a mock up
- Build it
- Using QR Codes