Call for Participation
As the Digital Schoolhouse is an LSEF project we are required to collect data that will help us measure any potential impact that we make with our participating schools. To help us measure the significance of this we need control data.
We are looking for participation from primary schools to help us meet this goal.
- Nominating one Year 5 and one Year 6 class to complete a pupil survey at the start of this project (January/February) and once again at the end (June)
- The pupil survey measures pupils confidence in the different strands of the new computing curriculum and measures them against the CAS Progression Pathways.
- Nominating the school’s IT co-ordinator and/or class teachers to complete a teacher survey at the start of this project (January/February) and once again at the end (June)
- The teacher survey measures the teachers confidence in the different strands of the new computing curriculum
- The surveys also ask questions relating to how the new computing curriculum is being delivered within the school.
- During the start and end point the primary school will not participate in the Digital Schoolhouse workshops, and neither will the teachers attend a Digital Schoolhouse CPD session.
As a thank you for your time and effort we would like to give you:
- Your choice of a 3Doodler pen (worth approx. £99) with filaments for you to use in your school OR a DIY Gamer kit (worth approx.. £79) from Technology Will Save Us
- The raw data from the pupil surveys – as these are measured against the CAS Progression Pathways they provide useful assessment data that you can use for your own purposes.
- Priority booking for Digital Schoolhouse workshops in September 2015 onwards (dependent on continued funding)
If you are interested and would like to participate or simply require further information then please contact Shahneila Saeed.